Developed Architecture And Managing Infrastructure – Cyber Security
For one of the companies that manage airports across the UK.
What Was The Pain Area?
Our customer is a leading travel company in the UK that based most of its infrastructure on legacy systems hosted on the on-premise servers. The legacy approach involving on-premise storage held to some extent, but it failed to keep pace with the copious amounts of data being generated on a day-to-day basis. As a result, these systems started posing various problems before the company, such as
- Scalability: Their existing systems couldn't handle the high traffic and high load of travel-based flight searches, with nearly 500K traffic hits per month.
- Cost: The organization saw a rise in operating costs because of the high cost of setting up and maintaining on-premise storage servers. High upfront equipment costs often led to poor return on investment with a long payback duration.
- Backups: The legacy storage solutions of our customers were difficult to configure and implement and demanded special training and expertise.
How Did We Help?
At Perimattic, as a Cloud-Based Service Provider, we majorly focus on helping businesses move to the Cloud, utilizing our AWS services to deliver unrivalled customer services. When our customer approached us for a solution, we identified that it's time for them to do away with their legacy approach and embrace an integrated AWS service. Here's what we did for them:
- Analyzing and empowering their existing system: The legacy systems of our customer had to be architected based on the microservices on AWS. The company had hosted its legacy systems on the on-premise servers. It was a challenge for us to garner the client's trust and give them the confidence to move their existing systems to AWS. So, we settled on one module and created the new architecture.
- Deployed AWS-based storage architecture: After analyzing their existing storage infrastructure and identifying the key issues faced by the company, our AWS Certified Architects built and deployed AWS services and microservices-based architecture that could scale based on the search traffic and prove cost-effective when there is low traffic. We built the microservices architecture on multiple AWS services like RDS, EC2, ALB's, S3, CloudFront, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, and many more services.
- Maintenance and support: Once we deployed the entire system, we started our cost optimization, support, and maintenance based on the traffic loads on their systems. Besides this, our team also started monitoring their systems round the clock to ensure everything was working fine. We worked with regular maintenance services for their systems to ensure workflows across the organization are seamless.
Perimattic could scale up its architecture from 500k to 800k traffic hits per month with our AWS solutions and our architectural deployment. In addition, we could deploy a secured, scalable system built with the lowest latency and is GDPR and Data compliant.
Thanks to our expert team, we could curate and implement a revolutionary infrastructure for our customer at a monthly operating cost, allowing them to focus more on their business and leveraging IT to gain a competitive advantage.